Personal Trainer & Performance Specialist
Jim brings over 20 years of fitness background to Vancouver Island. Originally from the States, his travels have taken him from Rhode Island to New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, and finally settling here to further his passion of inspiring others through a fitness and nutrition mindset and how that is applied to everyday life to help clients realize their authentic selves.
He is defined by one word: rowing.
Through this sport Jim was able to transform his meek asthma stricken teenage body into that of a high performance athlete in the US National Development System. More recently he has continued his competitive pursuits on the international master’s circuit competing all over the globe. In addition to working with general fitness and weight loss clients Jim has trained high performance athletes including rowers, triathletes, cyclists, runners, swimmers, and hockey players. He has built a pedigree of success by implementing different training modalities, lab protocols, and outside the box approaches to sport functionality. Some of Jim’s accomplishments include:
• Gold Medal at the 1991 US Olympic Festival Men’s Lightweight 2x
• Head Coach of Rowing – Simon Fraser University and University of Rhode Island
• Canadian Champion – Men’s Master 1x
• US Championships – Silver Medal Men’s Master’s 1x
• Over 75 Top 3 finishes in international competition
• Over 100 Top 3 finishes for his rowing athletes on the Master’s circuit
Fitness to Jim is a way of life… a mindset by which he governs all aspects of his day to day living. While nutrition is the fundamental foundation to everything he teaches, Jim is also dedicated to imparting knowledge and the skill required for success to his clients in and out of the gym.